Sunday, October 5, 2014

Rough Week

Sunday October 5th

Rich dosed on Tuesday and Thursday this week. I have to confess, I have enjoyed watching him eat the foods that he has never tried. I don't want him to be unhealthy, but after living in fear for over 10 years of every holiday, restaurant, birthday and class party, every team and family get together, I am going to let us enjoy our freedom. He really likes M&Ms so I bought him a tube of minis at Walmart on Friday. He threw them up. He said he didn't feel bad and still felt fine afterwards.

Rich went to his first Bake Sale yesterday. It was a fundraiser for a little girl in our community who had a bone marrow transplant for a rare blood disease. There were items there with peanuts and peanut butter, but Rich was still able to pick out sugar cookies with icing and rice krispy treats. Something else I never would have let him do before.
Photo: Today, Juliette's friends raised more than $500 for her with a Bake Sale!  Thanks to everyone who gave and participated!  Fight Like A Girl Juliette!
Copied from
Juliette's Fight Team Facebook page 

Mike went and got doughnuts for breakfast. He ate a few munchkins and took his dose at 10am. We are planning on seeing Mike's parents today so we dosed instead of church. By 10:30, he started sneezing and his nose started running. With OIT, the rules about reactions are different. Personally, I do not give Benadryl with mild reactions, but we are supposed to with OIT. We gave him 4 children's fastmelts at 10:45 and put a trashcan beside him on the couch in case he got sick to his stomach. By 11:15 he was feeling better.

I am typing up an email to send to Dr. Seidu in the morning. I just want to keep him updated. I know if there was an emergency or if Rich threw up with the sneezing, I would have to Epi and call 911. Thank goodness we aren't there today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment